Becoming a Guide
Guide Intensive Certification Course
- Do I have to take a participant course and pay for it before I take the instructor course?
- Yes! We have found it extremely valuable for you to have lived the material before teaching it.
- What teaching opportunities are there?
- We have several facilities that are requesting the course. There are opportunities in Correctional Facilities, treatment centers, community education centers, homeless shelters, when you are certified as opportunities open up you will be notified and can sign up for what works for you.
- Once we are certified what is the teaching requirement? How much time will it take?
- Classes are 90 minutes long, once a week. The day/time of the week will be dependent on the facility requesting the class. You will have the option of choosing one that works with your schedule. When you take an assignment you will be committing to the full 12 weeks with that class.